NHCISC update July 2021
Here are some updates for the month of June 2021.
- Therapy sessions are going well and appreciated by those using the service. Anyone wishing to use the service please get in touch with the Centre by email or telephone and someone will get back to you (tel: 01847890996: email: firstname.lastname@example.org). The therapy sessions are free to people with cancer.
- Macmillan Quality Environment Mark (MQEM) - The NHCISC has retained the Macmillan Quality Environment Mark (MQEM) following the assessment in June. We scored an overall mark of 5 and kept the same score as in previous assessments. All things considered it was a very successful assessment.
- Volunteer Friendly Group. Having reviewed the criteria for this award it has been decided not to pursue the accreditation at this time.
- New volunteers - the centre relies heavily on its volunteers. The more volunteers we have reduces the pressure on a few. If you, or someone you know would like to volunteer at the centre then please contact a member of the committee to learn more.
- Possible re-opening date for the Centre. Following Nicola Sturgeon's latest announcement re covid restrictions it would appear that if all goes to plan we may be allowed to open on 9 August. On the "19 July - all areas of Scotland move to Level 0; physical distancing reduced outdoors to 0m, indoors to 1m and on 9 August - all areas move beyond Level 0; all physical distancing regulations lifted"
- Bereavement notice. We are deeply saddened to pass on the news that Christine Munro, one of our members and a volunteer, has passed away following a long battle with cancer.
- COFFEE MORNING AND CHRISTMAS LUNCH - DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
We have booked the Pentland Hotel for the following dates:-
Coffee morning Saturday 6 November 2021
Christmas lunch Friday 10 December 2021
This might seem a bit premature but we are hopeful!
- Community Choir. If you miss singing in the Community Choir, then you can still join in by joining the live sessions on a Wednesday or at any other time via the following link: www.facebook.com/wickchoral