Here are some updates for the month of May 2021.
- Therapy sessions will resume on Thursday 13th May in the centre. The session time will be a bit shorter to allow for necessary deep cleaning between clients. We have purchased all the items to change and clean everything between clients (sheets, blankets, anti bac wipes etc). Anyone who has cancer and feel they would benefit from a therapy session please get in touch with the Centre by email or telephone and someone will get back to you (tel: 01847890996: email: firstname.lastname@example.org). The therapy sessions are free to people with cancer.
- Macmillan Quality Environment Mark (MQEM) - The NHCISC has held the Macmillan Quality Environment Mark (MQEM) award for the past 6 years to show that it meets the standards required for a care environment for people living with cancer. The three yearly review is due to take place at the beginning of June 2021.
- Volunteer Friendly Group. The Committee are also considering another form of accreditation; this is to demonstrate that we are a 'Volunteer Friendly Group'. If progressed, this will be coordinated through the Caithness Voluntary Group in Wick.
- New IT Equipment. Dounreay have donated £900 towards the cost of new IT Equipment. Thge equipment has been instaklled and will be of great benefit to staff and members. It is hoped to assist those who need help with online appointments and meetings.
- New volunteers - the centre relies heavily on its volunteers. The more volunteers we have reduces the pressure on a few. If you, or someone you know would like to volunteer at the centre then please contact a member of the committee to learn more.
- COFFEE MORNING AND CHRISTMAS LUNCH - DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
We have booked the Pentland Hotel for the following dates:-
Coffee morning Saturday 6 November 2021
Christmas lunch Friday 10 December 2021
This might seem a bit premature but we are hopeful!
- Donation of £3885 from Anglers Against Covid 19. Pictured here are Linda Sutherland and Jean Dunnet from the Centre receiving a cheque for £3,885 from Jamie McCarthy from Halkirk who represented the group for the presentation.